The Macon Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office is hiring a Legal Secretary. To apply, fill out the application at http://www.maconbibb.us/employment/.
The Legal Secretary is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to the District Attorney’s Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are representative of the work required for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Schedules witnesses for trial, grand jury, and other court appearances.
- Disseminates, prioritizes, assembles, copies, types, files, coordinates, and processes legal documents.
- Prepares motions, briefs, orders, and other official documents.
- Maintains appointment calendars.
- Assists attorneys in trial preparation.
- Transcribes audio tapes.
Education, Training and Experience
The Legal Secretary should possess, at a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred; a minimum of five (5) years of work performing high level administrative duties, three (3) of which should in a in a legal environment; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have valid Georgia Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
- Must be able to obtain GCIC/NCIC certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Legal Secretary must be knowledgeable of the following principles, procedures, and concepts:
- Knowledge of: legal procedures, forms, documents and terminology, business letter writing, general office procedures and practices, the Uniform Rules of the Court, correct English grammar, spelling and punctuation, as well as arithmetic computations.
- Knowledge and ability to use personal computers and relevant programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality and security of private or confidential information.
- Ability to work effectively with members of all levels within the organization and public.
- Ability to achieve results on timely basis.