Macon – Bibb County jurors found a Macon man guilty of having sex with an underaged girl Friday following a four-day trial.
Quantez Dixon, 26, was found guilty of statutory rape. Jurors found Dixon not guilty of aggravated child molestation and two counts of child molestation.
A judge sentenced him to 20 years in prison.
Prosecutors Cara Fiore and Shelley Milton presented evidence during the trial showing:
On multiple occasions in the summer of 2015, Dixon and an adult female codefendant instructed a then-12-year-old girl to undress and perform sex acts with Dixon while the woman watched and sought sexual gratification.
The girl told a family member about the encounters in October 2016 and a law enforcement investigation was launched. The girl was interviewed and examined at The Crescent House, a Macon advocacy center for children who have been abused or molested.
Dixon’s codefendant corroborated the girl’s account of what had happened in her testimony during the trial. She pleaded guilty to child molestation last year and was sentenced to 20 years, 12 of them in prison.
Testimony also showed a second girl disclosed Dixon had placed his genitals on her face. The girl was 9 at the time of the incident.
Another witness who was 14 in the summer of 2015 also offered corroborating testimony that she and Dixon engaged in a sex act, but she refused when propositioned for sex.
Speaking after the trial, District Attorney David Cooke said, “No child should have to endure the trauma these children experienced to fulfill an adult’s sick fantasy. This sentence will ensure that Mr. Dixon won’t be around children for decades.”
For more news from the District Attorney’s Office, visit www.macondistrictattorney.org, follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DADavidCooke, on Twitter at @DA_DavidCooke, and on Instagram at da_davidcooke.
Contact: Amy Leigh Womack